Your First Impression largely depends upon the Image you
create through your Clothing, Grooming, Body-Language
You project an Image based on which people form a first impression about you. Hence if you work on the above three aspects,
you will always succeed in creating a good and powerful First Impression.
Dressing appropriately for work / Power dressing for Women
1. Invest in clothes that have maximum wearibility and can be teamed with large number of tops and/or bottoms.
2. Look for clothes that would suit your style as well as make you look in shape. A classic long straight skirt is a good example; it can be teamed with several tops.
3. Invest in structured clothes, which gives you authority. Choose dark Colors or a dark light contrast with lighter shades on the upper half. Attention goes to contrast, on a lighter/brighter shades and in power dressing, one is expected to stay focused on the person's face during serious conversions.
4. A black suit is not necessarily the only choice, you can also opt for Navy with a ivory top to look extremely authoritative.
5. Skirt suit is the most authoritative attire in business with the skirt length going below the knee.
6. Ensure that you wear coordinated accessories.
7. Good use of textures and patterns would really be of a great help.
For women who do not wear western outfits, you too have an option to go for Power dressing with Indian formal wear, all you need to do is work on the following:
1. Have geometric prints/patterns instead of floral in your attire.
2. Wear straight pants instead of salwars or churidars.
3. Have solid colors (pastel shades) instead of bright shades in your attire.
4. Use crisp/firm fabrics like silk or cotton/cotton silk instead of chiffon or georgette.
5. Wear straight cuts/fits instead of a lines/umbrella cuts.
6. Wear scarves instead of duppatas.
7. Wear closed neck blouses instead of deep necks
8. CONFIDENCE is the most important part of your attire that you don