At Apeejay Surrendra Park Hotels, Welcome Back focuses on rehiring ex-team members with a positive performance record and displayed contribution and commitment during their past tenure.
Methods of staying connected with ex-employees:
- Social Media: The Park Connect on Facebook and Linked In
- Refer A Buddy program: Our Employee Referral Scheme/li>
- Word of Mouth: via our current team members
Positives of the Welcome Back Program:
- Alums already understand and appreciate the company's culture and values.
- They are aware of the business, policies and processes.
- There is a lower cost per hire
- Faster productivity is evident
- Higher retention rate
- A re-hire almost always has a positive effect on the current work force, who see ex-employees returning back to the fold. It enhances levels of engagement.
Key factors considered before re-hiring:
- The alum's exit circumstances are carefully reviewed
- Their previous track record and activities or experiences while on a break
- The alum's competency for the current business requirements and work scenario.
- Current team members who were former peers of the alum should not be unfairly disturbed due to the re-appointment.
In overall, the Welcome Back Program is a successful hiring and engagement initiative at The Park Hotels.