1. Dress as per the specified dress code (If mentioned)
2. If Dress code not specified, wear clothes as per the role that you are applying for, do a good homework on the Company's dress code policy.
3. Smell good, not loud.
4. Have a strong contrast in clothes, light top and dark bottom, no sheer tops.
5. Create a focal point near or around the face so that interviewer stay focused on your face. For example: make-up or bright accessories like neckpiece or a scarf.
6. Your shoes talk a lot about your attitude; wear clean-polished, well- maintained shoes that make less noise.
7. Dress as per your body shape and not just for the sake of dressing up for an interview.
8. Do not over-dress and look like a sweat mat.
9. Do not overload yourself with bags, documents and mobile etc. Less is more, organize yourself appropriately.
10. Have a confident Body Language
11. Look your best and smile; opportunity come to those who get noticed.
A firm handshake -it's important!
A firm handshake reflects equal strength and enthusiasm; hence you must ensure that the handshake is done from web to web. A dead fish handshake reflects disinterest or low energy. A handshake talks a lot about you and your personality therefore it is very important to know the correct way to do it.